Last year I wrote my own Ten Commandments. For me, they are reminders of what is important and of the kind of person I want to be, every day.
1. Thou shalt love and respect thyself first – you can’t give to others what you don’t have. Have faith and believe.
2. Thou shalt show love and compassion towards others. Be kind – you never know what someone is going through.
3. Thou shalt look at the brilliant side of everything and never lose their sense of adventure and spirit.
4. Thou shalt forget the mistakes of the past. We’ve all made them but they were necessary for growth. It’s about forgiveness.
5. Thou shalt smile to every living creature you meet. Your smile could save someone’s life.
6. Thou shalt be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own. We were all born with unique gifts.
7. Thou shalt have an “attitude for gratitude”. Be grateful for all that you have. Don’t forget about the little things for, at the end of the day, the little things are what matter most.
8. Thou shalt be to noble for anger, too strong for regret, too large for worry, and too happy to permit anything but love to enter.
9. Thou shalt trust each experience and believe that you are exactly where you should be. Breath, reflect, learn from it, and move on.
10. Thou shalt never give up on dreams, passions, and people. Always be honest, direct, and respectful.
These Ten Commandments may change but for now, this is what I want to be reminded of.
Peace, love, and kindness to all ❤️🙏🏻